CDS QuaranTEAM Challenge
April 29th – May 13th
Starting this Wednesday, the Collegiate Design Series (CDS) will be posting daily challenges on the SAE Clean Snowmobile Challenge Newsfeed. The challenges will vary from day to day and will require teams to get creative (and sometimes even silly) in order to complete. Teams will complete the challenges on the different CDS Facebook pages and will be required to follow the instructions given in each daily post in the apps.
Teams that compete in the CDS QuaranTEAM Challenge will have the opportunity to win prizes such as gift cards, merchandise, and more!
How to participate:
- Check www.saecleansnowmobile.com/go/news daily for the release of new challenges.
- Create your team name hashtag – each team will be required to include their team name hashtag in each completed post. For example Kettering University would be #SnowDogs.
- Check your newsfeed on Wednesday 4/29 for the first official challenge!
Who can participate?
- Teams currently registered or waitlisted for any 2020 CDS events. Each team must use their team name hashtag in addition to any of the required hashtags when completing the daily challenge.
- Alumni – any past competitors are welcome to participate in the challenge for bragging rights! Alumni must use the hashtag #CDSalumni in addition to any of the required hashtags when completing the daily challenge.
How will it be scored?
- Each challenge will be worth one point unless otherwise noted in the daily instructions. Occasionally bonus points will be issued for a) creativity and/or b) if there is an additional step in the challenge that we spell out can be done for bonus points. Bonus points for creativity will be issued at CDS staff’s discretion.
- Each individual team member can secure one point per challenge for their team (excluding bonus points). This means that if four team members from a team completes the Monday challenge, then that team receives four points.
- Points will be tallied daily by CDS staff and shared on a non-regular basis throughout the challenge.
- Some challenges will have deadlines, some will not. Each challenge will have the time frame outlined in the daily posts’ instructions.
- You do not have to complete each challenge to participate.
- The challenges sometimes reference other CDS events or require teams to comment on a post on another CDS Series Facebook page. For example, sometimes a post may direct students to react to something on the Formula SAE Facebook page. Despite the challenges being spread across all CDS Series, all teams from all series are welcome and encouraged to participate.
- There can sometimes be more than one challenge a day! 😉 Stay vigilant!