Video Challenge: DIY Track
Today’s challenge will require students to create a track for a matchbox car out of household items!
• The track can ONLY be made of household items; pots and pans, popsicle sticks, hangers, books, garden hose, etc.
• You can NOT use an existing matchbox car track that your mom might have saved from your childhood, sorry! 😊
• You can NOT touch the car once it has started on the track
• The car must be free rolling on the track, no attachments to help move/pull the car
• Include the length (FT) of your track in your Facebook post
• Repeat/rebuild as many times as you want to get the best video!
Please share your video on the Formula SAE Facebook page under the ‘Day 7 Video Challenge: DIY Track’ post.
Deadline: Tonight, May 5th at 9:00 PM EDT
- Post on the day 7 post on the Formula SAE Facebook page
- Household items only!
- Include your #[your team name] (please use the team name that you’re registered for competition with)
- Include #CDSquaranTEAMchallenge
- Each submission will receive 1 point
- 1 submission per person maximum
- 3 submissions per team maximum
BONUS POINTS AVAILABLE:
We will be awarding 1 bonus point for EVERY successfully completed obstacle on the track. If you choose to try for bonus points, you must declare in your Facebook post that you are attempting for bonus so that we know to check for it when scoring.
As always, bonus points are available for submissions that CDS staff feel are particularly creative or awesome!
We are continuing to update the CDS QuaranTEAM Challenge Leaderboard regularly so that you and your team can keep track of your daily scores and how you stack up against the other teams and series!